Saturday, August 29, 2009

Producer Notes: Pat Martino - "Quantum Guitar"

An “at the top of his game” Pat Martino walked off the plane in Seattle to shoot his second video series for REH and Warner Bros. Pat had been performing a lot on the East Coast and in Japan with his new band, and was playing as well as ever. Once shoots like this wrap up, my work just begins as I look through all the footage editing together the final show. No other project sent me running for my guitar, more than “Quantum Guitar”. Pat played some of the most amazing lines I’d ever heard him play. From bebop inside melodies to outside, octave displaced ideas, this video has it all.
I would recommend “Quantum Guitar” to all guitar players even if you have only played a short time. Some concepts may be hard to grasp at first, but it’s a chance to be inspired by one of the world’s finest jazz guitarists.
-Don Mock 2/01

No comments:

Post a Comment